Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Guess where I found my youngest today?

It has been a super busy and crazy fun week around here.  As a result, the house is a mess and there is laundry, in various stages of folding and sorting, piled all over the place.  This morning I had some time to tackle the piles in an attempt to bring order once again. 

I brought C upstairs with me so he could play either in his room or in my room.  He chose a different room.  I was deeply engrossed in my task when I realized that I could hear water splashing.  I ran to the bathroom and found C bent over the toilet with his arms in all the way.  He was laughing and obviously having a great time.  It wasn't just toilet water he was playing in, though.  Yes, you guessed it.  One of his brothers forgot to flush.  He was playing in pee!  I didn't stop to take a picture.  I grabbed the happy boy out of the toilet, stripped him and plopped him right down into the tub where he had a nice long soak. 

After the "horror" of the moment I just had to laugh.  Now, I'm laughing again and drinking a glass of wine.  C was not worried about the fact that he was playing in urine.  He just knew he was having fun.  Maybe there is a lesson in there somewhere for me.   I should quit worrying about stuff and just have more fun.  Easy enough, right?

2 comments:

  1. I'm probably going to lose sleep over this one. Yikes.

    Seriously, though - do you have the "Grossology" book? It explains all about how human urine is high in ammonia, and used to be used as a cleaning agent, and in some societies still is, etc. If you can have "fun" with this memory, and if I can rationalize that it's not totally bad, then maybe we'll both be okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how this manages to be somewhat disgusting, hilarious, and weirdly beautiful all at once. glad C got cleaned up and that you can laugh about it all -- but i don't blame you for needing a glass of wine after that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanksgiving 2017

Song from church tonight I've seen many searching for answers far and wide But I know we're all searching For answers only y...